The SUPER Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP) is committed to working with our PGRs, project supervisors and partners to promote and enhance Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI); aligning with the values of UK Research & Innovation (UKRI):
“Everyone has a right to be treated with dignity and respect, and to be provided with opportunities to flourish and succeed in a supportive environment.” (UKRI Strategic Prospectus 2018).
SUPER has a dedicated DEI representative on the Graduate School Student Committee, and any matters relating to DEI can be raised to them.
The SUPER DTP is pleased to announce that it was awarded funding from NERC under its Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion CDT/DTP Flexible Funding Award 2022. Read more about the training courses, events, and opportunities we will be hosting as a result of this funding award below:
- First Aid for Mental Health course with Mental Health Scotland
- Understanding and Supporting DEI in Academia workshops, first one to be held at the MASTS Annual Science Meeting
- Understanding Autism course for supervisors with the National Autistic Society
- Deaf Awareness training seminar and SQA Introduction to British Sign Language course with charity Deaf Action
- Global Challenges Research Fund exchange visit
NERC hosted a knowledge exchange event in 2022 so you can explore the steps other researchers and groups are taking in this field. You can also watch the recording below:
DEI across the SUPER DTP
We are actively working to promote best practice for PhD recruitment across the DTP, to explore the potential for scholarships to help widen participation, and to look at ways of increasing DEI in our training provision and in our monitoring and reporting.
Use the links below to access DEI polices, statements, reports and further information for each of the SUPER DTP partner institutions: