I have a BSc in Marine Biology and an MSc in Conservation Statistics. Prior to my PhD, I worked for sea turtle conservation projects in Costa Rica. It was during my time spent on remote beaches I gained an increasing interest for the distribution and accumulation of plastic debris in the marine environment.
Understanding marine microplastic dynamics using macroplastic as a proxy
- To better understand the physical processes that influence the transport and fate of macro- and micro-plastics in the marine environment
- Identify, through hydrodynamic models combined with particle track models, areas of high deposition of marine plastic on the West Coast of Scotland
- Investigate which physical oceanic processes and plastic properties influence the transport and fate of marine plastics
- Determine whether there is a correlation between areas of high deposition of macro- and micro-plastic in the same locations
- Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
Allison, N.L., Dale, A., Turrell, W.R., Aleynik, D. and Narayanaswamy, B.E., 2022. Simulating the distribution of beached litter on the northwest coast of Scotland. Frontiers in Environmental Science, p.1910.