Alejandra G. Cabanillas
Alejandra completed a BSc Zoology at Swansea University and then an MRes Biosciences (Evolutionary Game Theory) at Swansea University
From fronds to forests: Individual-based and whole-forest models of kelp
- To understand the differences between individual-based and whole-forest modelling of kelp forest.
- Develop, test and parameterise both the forest and individual-based models for a range of well studies sites around Scotland.
- Conduct model experiments to determine the extent, and under what conditions and parameter values, the whole-forest model is able to simulate the behaviour of the individual-based models.
- Conduct experiments with the models to determine the optimum harvesting strategy to ensure sustainable forest biomass and structure into the future
- Twitter: @AlexGCabanillas
- Website: https://alejandragcabanillas.es.tl/